1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New cell hope or just make fun of my epic phone of fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Dec 15, 2007.

1. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I would've recommended Verizon on this thread yesterday, but I didn't know switching companies was an option.

If you want music on your phone, I like my LG VX8600... though I just ordered my second replacement. (The guy at the Bryant Park store who said he'd take care of it is a lying liar!) The reception's been great, it's got a much better battery life than the Motorola KRZR, and it actually looks like a <i>phone,</i> unlike that new Samsung juke thing that's basically an iPod shuffle.

I'm not sure it's still available though.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've been looking at the EnV or the Voyager, but I'm not sure I can pay for the Voyager.

I want it badly though. :)

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I paid $50 for my $200 enV, though it was probably due to perfect timing. I had a $100-credit for a new phone because I had my old one for more than two years, and Verizon offers a $50 discount if you buy a phone online. It's been well worth the money, and I think I'd be saying the same if I spent $200.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, adding to my reasons to want to leave AT&T, they keep telling me I'm eligible for an "upgrade" because I've had my phone so long. So I go into the store for something else, and look around...and my "upgrade" price is the exact same as what anyone coming in off the street and signing up for a new deal would get.

Bastards.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I have strong wrists, so that's a consideration.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If you meet a girl, your wrists might not be as strong.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm hoping there's a girl who can weaken my wrists.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Verizon, good. Run, do not walk to them.
    Tell T-Mobile you want out of your contract. I did, I told them I am not paying another penny for an inferior product. She told me I couldn't, I ended up changing credit card numbers with AMEX so they couldn't keep charging me, I was that adamant about escaping them. They suck, their phones suck, their VP of customer service is Satan, their towers emit evil radiation that infests this planet.
    If someone today told me that magically, Osama Bin Laden would turn himself in if I went back to T-Mobile, well, good luck world.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I was bitching about that exact same thing last month. But oh well ...

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If you're on T-Mobile or AT&T, pop out your SIM card and pop it into this beauty:

http://analoghero.com/brick_phone

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Since the upgrade price is typically much higher than the price for someone coming in off the street to sign up for a new plan (new phones are highly subsidized for new subscribers), that actually is a deal, in a way.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But not if I'm trying to leave AT&T anyway...because that's not really convincing me you want me to stay.

Draft saved Draft deleted