1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Never too early: MLB 2013 predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Jan 25, 2013.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thinking the Dodgers are in for a Laker-esque nosedive. That's all I got now.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pirates flirt with topping .500, but are mathematically resigned to another losing season before Aug. 1.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Indians blow.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I just have a feeling Sale might take a step back and Peavy won't have another injury-free season. Plus, their most dependable player, Konerko, is in the twilight of his career, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dunn comes back down to the Earth a bit. Last season, everything went right for them and they still missed the playoffs. And while there's no way he would have put up the same numbers, losing A.J. will hurt, especially if they have to turn to a handful of back-of-the-rotation guys.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hamilton freaks out during a Space Mountain malfunction, is never the same and hits .212 with 2 homers and 19 RBIs before heading to Bellevue on June 1.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yankees and Red Sox battle it out for the bottom two spots in the AL East. Jetes struggles to hit .250. Manky cry.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I agree with this assessment. I'm interested to see how he does in the longer haul, though, kind of like the guy on the other side of town. Hahn's been considered a hot up-and-comer for so long that now it's interesting to see if he'll be able to deliver the goods. But it won't happen overnight.

8. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Nice one on KC. I forgot about their moves. Which is easy to do considering how few good moves they've made since getting George Brett.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Having lowered expectations to 0, the Mets will disappoint no one.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How many years in a row has this been the Royals' year?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In fairness, this is kind of what people said about the Rays, right?

I don't know that this is the Royals' year. But I definitely think it's a year that they should take a step up. A bit of a now-or-never year, no?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Carl Pavano's spleen makes a stronger comeback than Carl Pavano.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/free-agent-pitcher-carl-pavano-sidelined-six-to-eight-weeks-with-ruptured-spleen-012413

Draft saved Draft deleted