1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NEVER interrupt a cricket match

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Mar 4, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/sports/2008/03/04/vo.aus.cricket.streaker.ninenetwork

Although, I wish he'd have whacked this ass in the nuts with his bat.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you believe streakers should be manhandled?

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Or don't try to bat without a helmet.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Andrew Symonds is a top bloke.

5. So, exactly how bad is it if this guy throws hard, you guys do the math on the kilo/mph, but the reporter kinda spoke highly of him, then gets hit in the head and looks to be fine enough to talk right afterwards?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Right across the head with his bat, the way MLB players will hopefully deal with similar incidents in the future.

7. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Paging Mike Curtis...

8. Rumpleforeskin

The following is VERY NSFW. Streaker gets tackled during a rugby game by the mascot. No blurring.

(NSFW)

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And we want to see that ... why?

10. Rumpleforeskin

He gets wrecked by a mascot? I just was looking at the related videos for the cricket video I posted and that one came up. If you appreciate mascots laying out intruders, it's a good watch. I've never seen a mascot get involved when a fan runs on to the field.

Here's the recap if you don't want to watch: Streaker runs across the field, officials can't get him. He looks back and when he turns around, the mascot undercuts him and flips him over.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't mind seeing someone pummeled, I just like the blurry bits.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

You are on the field and not a player, you get your ass kicked within an inch of your life.
    I'm ALL for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted