1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Never hit on Steve DeBerg: Week 17 NFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's why I didn't put classless ... like all Steeler fans. It seemed like an isolated incident, but the terrible towel thing riles me up. I've been to a few places where these yahoos get up and start waving them, blocking tvs so you can't see. Seriously, you're not in the stadium. Leave the stupid towels at home.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I was wondering when someone would call me out for that. This Bears team has no business being where it is right now. And I'm utterly convinced they will either lose to the Texans or the Vikings will beat a Giants team with nothing to play for. I was just asking to be put out of my misery early. I really don't care if it bothered anyone. It's a fucking football team. It's not like I cheered against the U.S. Army in World War II. Get over it.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Someone else called you out well before I did.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Who?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is disgraceful. You can find classless people among any group of fans.

I have one, but I can proudly say I've never taken it to a bar. I have taken it to a few games and I have taken it out a for the Steelers' last two Super Bowl appearances, mostly just to have something to throw that wouldn't do any damage if the result ticked me off.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

this thread should've been dedicated to harold carmichael.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

With Pat Fisher hanging from his shoulder pads.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Given Sunday's scintillating performance, one would think Steelers fanbois would STFU this week.

9. 93Devil

This should be on last week's thread, but since this video keeps getting dragged up, T.J. Houshmandzadeh thought it would be cute to use a Terrible Towel as a prop in a regular season game.

Will what happened have anything to do with the outcome of the next game? Probably not.

Can anything positive be gained by the Titans from this? Definitely not.

10. 93Devil

You are correct.

Has anyone mentioned the Cutler/Rivers subplot to Sunday night's game yet?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Seriously, who gives a fuck? It's a fucking towel.

If some Bears or Vikings fan wants to burn a Cheesehead in effigy, or, if a Bears or Vikings player wanted to rip a cheesehead in half, all I'm going to do is laugh my ass off.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well it's not so shut up. :D

I always liked DeBerg, especially in 1993, when the dog-ass Bucs dumped his ass and the Dolphins signed hiim after their first 17 QBs got hurt and nearly led them to the playoffs. If I recall correctly, he threw for like 700 yds on Thanksgiving in the Leon Lett game. Came back from an injury too there, I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted