1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Netflix question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by You're With Me Leather, May 7, 2007.

1. I took a Netflix DVD on a trip recently and I got home to find that the damn disc had snapped in half. Am I better off just buying a replacement and sending that back to Netflix or should I just tell them its broke and (I assume) get billed for it? Anyone had to deal with something like this with Netflix?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It'd probably be cheaper to buy a replacement.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

As a big Netflix user I'd be interested in finding out what happens. Good luck, Leather.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

You're with me, exorbitant replacement fee.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

From the Netflix FAQ:

Q: I broke a DVD. What should I do?
    A: Visit the Rental Activity page, in Your Account, and choose "Report a Problem". Simply select the movie that was damaged while in your possession and choose "I have lost or damaged a DVD and would like to pay for it".

6. CentralIllinoisan

I think the root of the question is not how to take care of it, but how much will NetFlix charge to replace vs. his replacing it himself.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'd put the two halves back in the envelope, send it to them without comment and see what happens.

Then, report back here.

Hey, it's research.

8. CentralIllinoisan

Use Scotch tape, though.

9. I had several Netflix movies never even reach my house, and they never bugged me when I reported them missing. I don't know why this would be much different. I'll bet replacement with them is cheap, and I'll bet if you just sent it back to them, they'd eat it because how do they know it didn't get snapped in the mail?

10. BTW, you really should switch to Blockbuster if you have one in your town. The free rentals give you twice as many movies, and you get them faster because they ship it before they even receive the last one you sent back.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Which was, really, what I was driving at.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One came broke in half, basically. Called Netflix. They told me to send it back and they would should another copy of that movie ASAP. It arrived the next day. They never really asked any further questions about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted