1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Netflix down....who here is missing flicks?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 14, 2008.

1. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

yeah, i've found a few decent ones in instant. Heck, Unforgiven is in the instant views, and it's superb movie.
    In the instants I tend to look for the more obscure anyway...indys, black comedies, etc... that way if they suck i can sto pwatching and come back to SportsJournalists.com without feeling like i wasted time with the return movei/get movie thing.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Instant is also great if you're a fan of women in prison movies.

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I'm in the same boat. I need my damn Wire fix!

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yep. In-house proprietary inventory software has taken a shit. Losing somewhere between $1.8M and $3.6M every day.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=9676

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Put a disc in the mail Sunday night and they didn't get it until Wednesday ... I did get a disc in the mail from them today, so that's good.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

At the very least I expect 10% off my bill this month.

If they don't ship my movies out by tomorrow (Netflix doesn't send movies on Saturdays and Sundays), I will have had to wait until Tuesday to receive flicks I was suppose to have gotten Wednesday. That's nearly a week. I'd expect nothing less than 25% of my monthly charge back.

7. Giggity

Giggity Member

I got fucked on The Wire too. I had the first two discs set to come, and they sent one today, but it was Disc 2. Hopefully Disc 1 will come tomorrow. Bastards.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I sent back 21 and Transformers Monday. I was e-mailed this morning to say that it was going to say that they sent me Atonement and The Holiday, but most likely, they had not been sent. Oh well, I wouldn't have time to watch them anyway, between these lovely eight-hour workdays every day and Olympics all night.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Actually received a disc, yesterday.

The processing backup on the accumulated returns will be frightening.
    They had better bend over backwards to be fair on the inconvenience allowance.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, the humanity of it all! ::)

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Hey dude, don't get between a fat man and his movies! :)

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This is posted on the Netflix main page:

IMPORTANT: Your DVD Shipments Have Likely Been Delayed
    Click here to learn more
    We’re sorry to report that since Tuesday we’ve been experiencing issues with our shipping system, so many of you have not received DVDs in a timely manner and many of you have not received emails letting you know we got a DVD back from you.

We pride ourselves in delighting you, and we’ve let you down. We apologize and are working around the clock to restore normal operations. To all of you whose shipments have been delayed, we’ll be automatically applying a credit to your next billing statement. Or, if you are new to Netflix and your first shipments have been delayed, we recognize that this is not a good way to begin your Netflix membership and we’ll automatically extend your free trial.

Our goal is to ship DVDs as soon as possible and to keep you updated. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience we’ve caused you and thank you for your patience.

The Netflix Team

Draft saved Draft deleted