1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NESN.com seeks Red Sox Reporter (Full-time, temp)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Oct 28, 2011.

1. So does that mean the Chronicle would be opening up Didier's job?

Just throwing that out there.

2. They will. He was their only F/T high school writer outside of Jenny Dial, who runs the high school section, and that market, finding someone will be top priority. My guess is that they may already have his replacement in the wings, but they'll definitely put it out there.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Don't know him, but he was FT at Houston and took a seasonal gig elsewhere?

Seems long-term risky to me, even if it is perceived as a better job. Was he in danger of layoff in Houston (more so than anyone else, I mean.)

But I hope it all works out. I definitely would view it as a step up, but wow ...

4. mrbigles01

mrbigles01 Member

As someone who has now been interviewed for three of the "seasonal part time," jobs at NESN, to call them seasonal or part time is not even close to correct.

As of two years ago, NESN.com barely existed. They had few writers and did little of their own original content. They have been adding these positions to the site as one year trials. You work the job, if you do well they keep you. It has already happened with their Bruins beat and a different Red Sox related job.

There are benefits, there is PTO, this is not exactly the total crap fest some of the posters seem to be implying.

Draft saved Draft deleted