1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NERD ALERT!! All 6 Star Wars movies on back-to-back-to-back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

At the end of Six, the scene at the end where the show the ghosts of Obi-Wan, Yoda and an old man who is supposed to be Anakin. They instead had Hayden Christiansen.
    Lucas must die ... No, not really. Just something else he has changed.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I recently produced an interview at Skywalker Ranch w/ Rick McCallum, the producer of the movies...he had some interesting things to reveal about overpricing the DVD collections, "rape and pillaging" their fans -- and discloses details about what's next for Star Wars -- A TV show that he's dubbed "Deadwood in Space" which sounds really cool...

After you surf here, check it out at ReelzChannel.com and click on Today's Features to watch both Skywalker Ranch interviews.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh christ, like the immortal Oscar-winning performance of Sebastian Shaw must be preserved forever.

THAT was stupid casting back in 1983, where if you did the mental math, you came up with the conclusion that Anakin Skywalker must have been 50-60 years old when the twins were born.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OTOH Obi Wan ages rapidly. Ewan McGregor to Alec Guiness in less than 20 years?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obi-Wan is graying at the end of ROTS. Intended to look late 30s/about 40. By the time Ep. 4 swings around, he's supposed to be in his late 50s.

Hey, the Jundtland Wastes ain't an easy place to live. Lots of sun, wind, sand, no trips to the dermatologist in Mos Eiseley, plus he certainly isn't getting laid very much, so he's definitely gonna be have a lot of hard miles on his carcass by the time of Ep. 4. ::)

Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru don't age well, either. They look like early 20s at the end of ROTS, and they look about 60 in Ep. 4. :eek: Of course, Owen acts like he has such a hard-on for life, it must age Beru about 20 years just to be around him. :D You know when the stormtroopers showed up and blasted them, Owen's final words to Beru were "I just fuckin' knew it, I told you so, bitch!!" :eek:

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If Idaho hates it, it be AOK by a-me. A working template.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I like the logic in watching 4-5-1-2-3-6 to preserve the "Vader reveal," but if you can find a viewer who

(a) hasn't heard who Vader really is and
    (b) is willing to commit to 13 hours of a saga he/she hadn't seen fit to give three hours to over the past 30 years ...

that's a pretty small demographic. What is this "Harry Potter" you speak of?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There may be plot holes wide enough to fly the Death Star through.
    There may be thinly-disguised racial stereotyping.
    There may be writing and acting that belongs in a B-Movie.
    There may be any number of other things wrong with these movies, but....

As a whole, I love them just the same. Ok, mostly just the original trilogy, but I even like MOST of the changes for the re-releases, especially the scene with Han Solo and Jabba.

But I must say one thing...HAN SOLO SHOT FIRST! LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

on the changes, i've always thought the changes in 4 were good (well, except for the greedo shooting first bullshit), changes in 5 didn't do much for it and changes in 6 made that shit worse

10. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Interesting. Never thought about watching 1-3 like a flashback between 5 and 6. Think it would salvage the experience?

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Just did the math, and there's no combination of watching the six films in any order -- even watching Empire six times in a row -- that salvages the honorable Jar-Jar Binks. And (spoilers) even the cute younglings are going to die.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The changes in 6 just served no purpose. The celebration was fine as it was. The scenes from other planets were too much.

And as far as the ghosts at the end, I think the problem was they weren't consistent. Why not use Ewan McGregor along side Hayden Christiansen?

Draft saved Draft deleted