1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NERD ALERT!! All 6 Star Wars movies on back-to-back-to-back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

On Cinemax-E, whatever that is on your system. Started midnight ET, finishes 1:50 p.m. Then goes around for another go-round.

You've already missed Ep. 1, with screeching Jar Jar and the petulant brat, so you've missed the one you really want to miss, if at all possible.

:D :D

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i think ep. 2 is worse than ep. 1. and i'd have 1 battling it out with 3.

i know we've done it several times before, but

1. 5
    2. 4
    3. 6
    4. 3
    5. 1
    6. 2

3. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Meh. I just don't get the big picture. I didn't even see the old ones until they were re-released in the late 90s, and I was bored with the new ones. I just don't get it. (Then again, I didn't care for Lord of the Rings or the Harry Potter movies either).

I will, though, watch Superman, Donner's Superman II and Superman Returns back-to-back-to-back to see how the overall story lines up.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My order:
    6 (fucking muppets)

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Years and years ago, my college roommate said that someday he'd host a viewing of all six Star Wars movies at his house. That day is tomorrow. He's having people, including my wife, over for all six movies starting in the mid-afternoon. I'm calling it GeekCon '06 and asking them which character they're dressing as.

I'm sure there'd be something more painful than sitting thru six of those boring as shit films, but I can't think of it. Maybe a Harry Potter viewing marathon after the last movie is made? Or maybe viewing The Matrix trilogy twice apiece.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have people over to play hearts.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I hadn't watched more than 5 minutes of Ep. 1 in a few years, and sitting through some of it last night, it really hit me:

1. Jar Jar is as bad as everybody says, and there ARE racist overtones to the character. They might as well have called him Stepp Infetchit.

2. The kid is fucking horrible. Jesus Christ.

3. CGI technology has advanced as much from 1996-2005 as it had from 1983-1996. The CGI on Ep. 1 looks really, REALLY bad, compared to movies made in the past five years.

Ep. 1 is by far the worst.

8. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

I assume they're playing the movies in chronological order (Eps. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), but they shouldn't be. As millions have observed, you've got to show them: 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6.

(You have to start with Eps. 4 and 5 to preserve the dramatic value of the Vader reveal.)

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the kid is bad -- but he's still better than hayden christensen

both those motherfuckers make mark hamill (yohi represent) look like robert deniro

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

My order:

3 (it's close)

1 isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe. 6 is predictable as hell. 2 is boring.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Forget rewatching "The Phantom Menace" and do the 1978 Holiday Special in its stead.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Revenge of the Sith completed the circle. And, for me, there were few moments as cool in any movie I've watched when the mask goes on Vader for the first time.

Draft saved Draft deleted