1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neil Young

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Suppose I prefer vowels?

If my iToys ever finish upgrading, I'll go look

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Roxy Music did a kick-ass cover of "Like A Hurricane".

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Spectrum on Sirius XM pretty much only plays "Duquesne Whistle" from he album (also a present from HC) and I like it more every time I hear it.

Shades of Django Reinhardt in that song.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Point taken. I've listened to the album about 20 times already. It's one of those albums that just makes you smile. And I've always loved Crazy Horse.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Le Noise' is really interesting for the sound/production. I'm not as impressed with the songs as I am the production.

6. cortez

cortez Member

Seen Neil several times, most recently a few years ago on a solo tour. When he did "Ohio'' on the electric gee-tar, my hair stood up. Really

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Love the "Unplugged" version of "Like a Hurricane" with the pipe organ.

And agree with Huggy on the Roxy Music version, which is excellent.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was always aware of him, but I became a little familiar with his work when I saw him in concert a few times with Pearl Jam...

9. cortez

cortez Member

He wrote Cinnamon Girl, Cowgirl in the Sand and Down by the River all in one stinkin day

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The article mentions that he's "run out of money" a few times. It even says he sold off some of his Ranch once.

And, while it touches on the issues w/ Geffen, and his losing money on some things -- like his investment in Lionel Trains -- it doesn't really get into how close he ever really was to being out of money.

I wish it had explored that a little more.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I wonder how ol' Moral Hazard, the Irish setter leased for photo-op purposes by David Brooks, is doing.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/david-brooks-jeremy-lin-6693168

12. joe

joe Active Member

When the wife and I were dating, I can't tell you how many times I woke up to "Down By The River" playing as she was cooking breakfast. I think that song's longer than "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida." I liked to sing "I shot my lady" just to tweak her about her Neil Young love.

Draft saved Draft deleted