1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need stringers in St. Mary Parish, Houma, Lafayette and New Iberia

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by BujuBanton, Mar 22, 2011.

1. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

I'm sports editor at a small daily in Morgan City and need a freelancer once or twice a week to help out with game stories and the occasional feature. Interested candidates can send three examples of your work and a resume to: sports@daily-review.com We've expanded to cover eight schools, up from four. Seven of them play football: Berwick, Central Catholic, Morgan City, Patterson, Franklin, West St. Mary and Hanson Memorial with Centerville being the non-football school, but they are in talks to add football and go Class 1A.

Thanks

2. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

Re: Need stringer in St. Mary Parish-Houma/Thibodaux area

No responses to this must be a sign that South Louisiana really is the end of the world. I'm probably good freelance wise for the summer, but if anyone is interested in freelancing for football and volleyball in the fall let me know.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

You can look in three directions: Up the bayou, down the bayou and across the bayou...or so the old saying goes.

Good luck. If you look too far in any direction, you run into metro New Orleans, Baton Rouge or Lafayette and most potential writers are probably in those markets.

4. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

you forgot the hotbed of sports journalism known as New Iberia.

5. jimithing11

jimithing11 New Member

i know it's summer, but you still looking for help?

6. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

Thanks for those that have expressed interest. We are still looking for freelancers for football and possibly volleyball and winter sports if things go well. Our sports department is expanding to cover all of St. Mary Parish - adding Franklin, West St. Mary and Hanson Memorial. So freelancers in Lafayette may be more viable than in years past.

7. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

We've expanded our coverage to all schools in St. Mary Parish so we will need help in the Lafayette/New Iberia area as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted