1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some spam help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ogie Ogilthorpe, Jul 27, 2006.

1. I have continually asked a company to take me off their email list, but I still get 2 or 3 emails a day from this annoying group (it's a PR firm).

Does anyone know a way to get them onto a spammers mailing list so they can get some annoying, unwanted mail as well? I've tried blacklisting them on my server, but they just change the name once they get bounced back a few times.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you have an e-mail address for anybody at that company start forwarding all your spam to that person and tell them you won't stop until they take you off their list.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i know this sucks but there is probably nothing you can do.

if this is a legitimate business (as opposed to a spammer who blasts out millions of e-mails in the hope of one or two responses) that's spamming you, try calling someone at the company and politely asking to be taken off. hopefully you get a half decent human being who isn't too busy to help you. more than likely if they've been ignoring your requests they just don't give a crap so there is nothing you can do.

Draft saved Draft deleted