1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some prayers......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 1, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's been a stressful last two days for me (and no, this has nothing to do with banks).

Wednesday afternoon was the last time I heard from my dad or my sister Bethany. I called them about 10 times Thursday night and 10 more last night, but dad wasn't answering his phone. So last night I finally called my step-cousin to see if she had heard anything from them. She did. Something was going on with Bethany, and she told me it wasn't good.

So I call Beth, and she tells me she got in trouble with dad because she was caught hanging around an 18-year-old friend of hers (Beth is only 14, going on 15). Thing is, dad told her to never talk to him again and even went so far as blocking his number on the cell phone.

So my dad finds out what's happening and calls the cops on Beth's friend...but they don't go to the right house and nothing happens. Now, dad is threatening to send Beth to juvie and has even threatened to take his own life because of all the shit that's happened over the last few years. Bethany even told me she had thought about committing suicide a few times as well.

I'm at the stage now where I don't know what the hell I should or can do. I live two hours (at the very least) away from them. When my cousin told me something happened, I feared the worst. But then I finally got ahold of Beth and we talked for a good two hours. I finally got to talk to my dad today, but I'm still worried something is going to happen to one (or both) of them.

So I could really use some prayers right now. And I really hope this all made sense.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Take this the way it's meant.
    Phone calls won't mean or help as much as being there.
    Get in your car.

3. KYSportsWriter

I really wish I could, but I'm stuck on the desk today. The ladies I work with are both out of town and there's no one else here that can take over.

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Family trumps work...there is always somebody to cover.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

abso-fuckin'-lutely.

get in your car and drive!!!

6. KYSportsWriter

I know that. But I just talked to dad and he said he doesn't want me to worry about coming down. As for Bethany, she's at my step sister's right now so I know she won't do anything. Dad said he's gonna call this lady he likes and see if they can do something tonight. That's good because he needs to get out and get his mind off this shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted