1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some design ideas for feature

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jan 24, 2013.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Hoping I can get some feedback on some presentation ideas for a story on which I'm working.

I've been researching the names of all the fields and gyms for our local high schools and colleges that we cover. Of the ones we cover (32 high schools, 5 colleges), 18 high schools have a gym and/or field named for someone, as do all five colleges. Some go back 50 years or more.

The main art will be a photo collage of the people who still are alive at his or her respective field, hopefully next to a sign with their name on it.

My question is, how should I present this in text? I've got an introduction, which then delves into each school and who the people are. I'm thinking breakouts, not sure if I want to go with straight text and subhedes. If there was a better way to present it, I'm all ears. I'd rather this not be an all-gray presentation on the inside.

Thanks!
    -Brian

Draft saved Draft deleted