1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some audio/electronic advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Feb 7, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I recently bought a Panasonic SC-BT100 home theater system. It's a 5.1 surround system that plays blu-ray, has an iPod dock and some other fairly neat features, and it came at a very reasonable price -- 700 online, rather than a grand at the store.

We really enjoy it, and it has pretty decent sound.

But I had to wade through quite a bit of trouble to keep it from knocking me off my wireless signal, because the two rear speakers work off a wireless receiver. I got my router fixed (read: changed to a different channel), but every now and then I hear some static in the rear speakers.

I called the store I bought it from, and they said they'd give me my money back. With that money, I'd probably buy a Sony Bravia 5.1 system with many of the same features -- but with wired speakers. The Sony got great reviews from an electronics Web site, and is about $200 cheaper.

I'm pretty pleased with the Panasonic, but am worried about this wireless receiver giving me more problems down the road.

Anyone have any advice on this?

Draft saved Draft deleted