1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need SJ's help on tennis tickets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Mar 10, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm trying to buy a ticket for tomorrow's evening session at Indian Wells. I waited this long because a) I want to see Hingis, above all; and b) the schedule didn't come out until 5:30 p.m. today, at which time I found out she's playing a night match ... making me very happy that I didn't preorder a morning session ticket last week.

Now I find out that PacificLifeOpen.com ticket sales for the next day's morning/night sessions closed at 12 p.m. today. Can't order 'em off eBay, can't order 'em off StubHub, either. (Who the fuck stops selling tickets for a session five hours before they release the draw for said session? :mad:)

Does anyone know if they would sell walk-ups at the box office tomorrow? Or scalpers in the parking lot, at least?

SJ, I request your assistance.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Re: Need an expert on tennis tickets

Reading the title of this thread, the only thing that popped into my mind was there's no such thing.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

try this buckw

http://www.barrystickets.com/tickets.php?EID=Pacific-Life-Open:-ATP-2nd-Round-&-WTA-3rd-Round-Evening-Session

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Scalper? Did you call me a scalper?

I perform a service, gentlemen, and the service costs money. Now do you want the tickets or don'tcha?

5. No, I don't have any Blue Oyster Cult. Now get out of here; you're bad for business.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

When are those Earth, Wind & Fire tickets coming in?

7. You know, I haven't heard anything. But I'll mark you down -- two tickets for Earth, Wind & Fire, Charles Jefferson and little brother.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Well done, sir.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

For what it's worth . . .

at the tournament in Key Biscayne, Fla. (the one immediately following Indian Wells), there are always people selling tickets in the general parking area.

If there is a general shuttle bus loading and unloading area, that's where the ticket sellers camp out.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Cool. That's what I'm hoping for.

All the Web brokers are selling in batches of 2 and 4, and I'm not splashing $155 on an unneeded ticket (plus overnight shipping) just to obsess, stalk and drool over watch Martina play. ;D

Thanks, y'all.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

$155 for one ticket? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have 10 chairback tickets to the Key Biscayne tournament and paid $405 total, including a parking pass.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah, the Web brokers are insane. I would have been better off buying a $14 grandstand ticket to BOTH sessions today, and just using the night one.

As it is, I'll press my luck in the parking lot this afternoon.

Draft saved Draft deleted