1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Red Sox ticket advice!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DrewWilson, Jun 17, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I bought four tickets in the metropolitan boxes (field level) at CitiField for last week's game against the Phils for less than half of face value. Sure, that's the Mets. But try eBay, try craigslist, try everything you can find.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh, I did. That was just one example because it was the best value I was getting. A lot of other guys were selling tickets way over their face value. Granted, the tickets were for my father's birthday, but I sure wasn't about to break the bank to get tickets. I must have sent out 15-20 emails and I got spam or no email back at all.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I say stand outside Fenway with a sign that says "I'm a Royals fan, please help me get tickets." I think they'll be so shocked to see someone publicly rooting for KC that they'll let you in the VIP area for free.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oz already tried that. It didn't work. :D :D :D

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed at the prices people can (supposedly) get on places like StubHub.

Every March I buy tickets to a big ATP-WTA tennis tournament in South Florida. The difference between what I pay for a "premium" seat from a scalper ($30/$50) and what sites like Stubhub are asking ($90/$225) makes me wonder why anyone would use those sites

It also sucks that the only delivery method they seem to use is FedEx. If I simply want a VIP parking pass ($17), it would be $35 by the time I pay handling charge and cost of delivery.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

If you don't mind roughing it out for a bit, camp out on Lansdowne Street overnight and wait for when they sell tickets before game time. I've done that multiple times and could have gotten Green Monster seats if I wanted them.

7. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

Thank you to everyone who chimed in.

KevinmH9, I don't think camping out is an option since I'm going with the Mrs. and the vacation is over our first anniversary. But it is a decent idea if it were some other time.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is a guy who hangs out at the Cask'n Flagon on Brookline ave ( right next to Fenway) . He gets day of game extras from the Red Sox about 2 hours before game. Go to bar and ask for Bones.

9. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

boy, that doesn't sound sketchy at all! Seriously?

Draft saved Draft deleted