1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need help with a Kansas question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have another Kansas question. Which album was better, "Leftoverture" or "Point of Know Return?"

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

OTR — By your assumptive definition, I live right in the veritable hubs of hell. And I love every bit of it. ;D

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

"Song For America"

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Jay, no offense, but considering your thread on the Journ board, about how sports reporters have it so easy because they really don't have to investigate or do serious legwork.......it's sort of ironic that you'd ask a bunch of sports reporters to get you information that you could have googled in about 10 clicks.

That said, I once had a copyeditor at a publishing house question me on the use of 'NFL' as opposed to 'National Football League,' very worried that readers might not know.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

My question about Kansas: When will the people rise up and overthrow Phill Kline? The state attorney general is a thug - he's trying to get the names of girls who have had abortions. This brownshirt has be stopped before he gets any more political traction.
    Read "What's the Matter with Kansas?" In some ways, this state is more Neanderthal than any in the South. It has a Democratic governor because the state's real two-party system is the Mods vs. the Cons. The Dems can sometimes exploit a bitter enough Republican split.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I have a Kansas question ... why is this a thread? It's a flat state and even Dorothy wasn't in Kansas anymore.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tell the editor, FU, it's KU, not UK.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jay, I believe you have all the answers you need, so Carry On My Wayward Son.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Oz never did give nothing to tin man.

Oops, wrong thread.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Don't forget Friends University in Wichita (FU).

Or, as rumor has it, the former name of the school, Friends University of Central Kansas. 8)

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hopefully this isn't outing the author of this thread, but didn't the Lawrence paper want to change KU references to UK in news stories (or something) and it caused an uproar?

I guess Indiana grads can blame the dopey Big 8 schools for people calling them the University of Indiana. In Indiana's case, IU really is IU.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And Purdue is PU, as IU grads like to chortle.

By the way...

My old school, Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, is IUPUI. But Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne is IPFW. I don't know why it's not IUPUFW, but it isn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted