1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need help ... quickly ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Apr 3, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's not about risk.

It's about common sense.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm hiring who gal that brought writing samples.

Yes, she's hot. No, there are no pictures.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Do you work for a marketing firm or the marketing department of a bigger company?

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

1. If you were a tree, what kind would you be?

2. Triumph or Rush: which do you prefer?

3. Ask them why they left their last job. Seriously. I know since this is an intern job, you may be talking to people who don't have a long work history, but it can be very illuminating to hear people tell what prompted them to leave their previous employment. In a lot of cases, almost unbelievable honesty. And in some cases, truly unbelievable stupidity.

And use as many scenario situations as you can that forces them to think and craft an answer as opposed to spout off a pre-rehearsed, scripted answer. How would deal with a difficult co-worker? How would you handle a stressful situation/tight deadlines, etc.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Not to mention if the candidate answers "right next to the coach."

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Department of a post-secondary education institution (read: business college).

7. Flash

Flash Guest

All my life, Daddy, people have been telling me I'm a shoe ... you're a shoe, you're a shoe, you're a shoe. What if I want to be a hat? ... No, Daddy, I don't want you to buy me a hat. It's a metaphor, Daddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted