1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need audiobook help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Nov 21, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'm making the 10-hour drive back to my parents' house tonight and am looking on iTunes for a good audiobook to make the time pass quickly. I'd prefer some good fiction (or non-fiction that reads like fiction). For me, thrillers seem to work the best as audiobooks, so something along the lines of the Robert Ludlum genre would be ideal...any suggestions?

2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

See if you can find Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I used to have a CD of it, where it was actually acted out. Harry Dean Stanton played HST, I think.

Very entertaining.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I just finished 21 hours of "All The King's Men" on CD, as read by Michael Emerson. Excellent, excellent, if a little long. Took me almost a month to finish it, but I didn't drive much the last couple weeks.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Don't know if you've read it, but John Grisham's Bleachers would be good for a relatively short trip.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

PDB,

I just downloaded 2 days of podcasts for the 12 hour drive I have tomorrow. For me, an audiobook won't do it as well as an hour episode of a podcast about Grey's Anatomy. I think those twelve episodes.. or the one's about America's Next Top Model will make my trip fly.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I ended up going with Jeremy Schaap's Cinderella Man. It worked well for me as I went 85 up I-39.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Should have gone with Janet Evanovich.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted