1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need advice: How do you deal with wife's affair, divorce?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by not_who_i_usually_am, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Isn't that what his lawyer is for?

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yep

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, but if you call the lawyer it means you don't have an excuse to call the "whore" and then you have to find some other false pretense to call her or e-mail her......

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yep, this is getting really sad now.

Not, just last week you complained that she got $300 more for a tax refund than she should have, but you weren't going to fight it because it would drag out the divorce proceedings and you would also likely spend more than the $300 trying to collect it.

Whether this was your thought process or not, you were going to get $300 worth of peace of mind by not pursuing it, by simply putting it behind you.

And now you're e-mailing her over an even smaller amount, less than $200?

Dude, I say this in the nicest way possible: Move. The. Fuck. On. With. Your. Life.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Double J is right. If she sends it, ok. If not, chalk it up to the game.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the hope is that she DOESN'T send it - that way he has another excuse to call or e-mail her again, this time to bitch about it.....

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not, $200 is not worth it.

Just move on.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm all about tough love, but how about cutting Not some slack? His divorce is final. That finality is not easy, from what I understand.

Take it easy on yourself, fella.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Maybe look at her like an addiction.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

In the big scheme of divorces, this one went pretty fast...a lot has happened to our buddy Not in a short time. Hopefully, he'll find some closure in the days and weeks and months ahead.

In the meantime, the original $300 seemed pretty insignificant, but now he's looking at another $200 loss? Go get it. If they didn't have a load of assets to begin with, $500 is a lot of cash.

But note to Not: At this point, I probably wouldn't obsess over (or post about) every detail of every interaction with your ex, it does make you seem addicted and way too attached. Pick your spots; there will likely be more ahead.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I agree with 21.

Especially since in the last 48 hours I went from having lots of money in my savings account to having it all wiped out with one doctors appt. and one phone call. Those hundreds add up prett quick.

Wait two weeks for the cash. If you don't see it, let the lawyers handle it. Seriously though? No one needs to hate on Not right now. He made a bad decision asking the slut about the boyslut but he's been in a better place the last few months.

Get your money Not. Just see if you can do it through the lawyer.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If she's an addiction then this thread is enabling not... LOCK IT UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.