1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ned Barnett's last column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Marvin, Feb 11, 2007.

1. alanpagerules

alanpagerules Member

Yes, there's nothing like bashing someone on their way out the door.

I can't believe no one asked this, but does this mean there's an opening?

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Luke DeCock was promoted to columnist in addition to his Hurricanes beat responsibilities back in September. Without talking to Luke about this, I imagine this means he'll be the No. 2 guy.

3. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

What's up with that? Did he work in Buffalo or something?

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

He made a comment during a press box conversation with a Buffalo columnist. Assumed, since it was press box convo, that it wasn't on the record. Then it shows up in Buffalo newspaper.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Note that Barnett's e-mail address is conveniently attached at the bottom of that piece, exactly as it ran in the Buffalo News.

As the ghost has already described, that's when things really got fun... :D

6. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

He's worse than I thought. What a moron. I'm surprised his editors would let him run this ... It's insulting to ALL hockey fans, Carolina's included. If I'm his boss, I pull him and send somebody who WILL take it seriously. This was the freaking Eastern Conference Finals (is it trademarked capital F like the NBA?), and he's writing that?

Gotta love the headlines on both columns, though. Good ol' fashioned column fight is always worth reading, although this one looked like it was over before it started.

7. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

I thought that imagery was perfect in this case. Cliched? Yes. But when a pitcher gives up four home runs and keeps hanging them over the plate, hitters don't start trying to go to the opposite field.

8. ColinMeloy

ColinMeloy New Member

I've heard they're not expected to replace Ned.

9. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Irreplaceable was the first word that entered my mind when I heard he was leaving sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted