1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nearing the last straw with one of our cats

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Sep 29, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Give him to your friend in the circulation department.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'm going to hell for laughing at that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That sounds like new age happy crap bullshit brought to you by the same people who never spank their children. Neither cats nor really small children are at a cognitive level where they can understand explanations of why something is bad. If you coddle a child or a pet when they do wrong, they're going to keep doing it.

I'm not advocating a hard smack by any means. However, when Samson was a kitten, I'd give her a quick swat on the behind. I did it soft enough that it wouldn't hurt for more than that immediate second, but I did it hard enough that she'd get the hint that whatever she did was wrong.

That cat is one of the best behaved animals I've ever been around.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I had a cat in kidney failure and the litter box was less than 10 feet away and she still peed on the carpet in the dining room. Then the other one decided that's where she'll pee too.

I finally moved the food and little box to my bedroom, which is where she spent all her time anyway.
    No further problems once I did that.

And this was after I installed $3,000 worth of new wood flooring.

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Join me for a beer. I laughed out loud, too. Scared my dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder if the hounds will find this one.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Squirting them with a water bottle when you catch them doing something wrong works too.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have used that one, too, though usually a raised voice was enough to get our cats' attention.

Draft saved Draft deleted