1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ndamukong Suh saves Louie Anderson's life ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair, we also take some good shows and stupid them up.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I started out just like you. Kicking people in the crotch. But now, I'm tackling quarterbacks, and soon, I'll be a celebrity diver. And that's where the big bucks come in!"

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True, but I'm amazed that he still has as many national ads and he does. I figured Subway would have fired him ages ago. There aren't too many NFL defensive players with national ads, at least not for a company as mainstream as Subway.

He has a commercial for Chrysler too doesn't he?

That's amazing for a player whose reputation is as bad as his is.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I guess, but you could put Ray Lewis in that category too. If you're at the top of your game and the people who buy those products admire you, that trumps a lot of bad behavior.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Suh probably signed those deals as a rookie when he was a good story. And they are probably coming up for renewal (or non-renewal) pretty soon.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True, but ads get pulled all the time when players get in trouble for various reasons. I remember Favre had a bunch of ads pulled when the whole "dick pic" story was going around. Almost all of those national ads have behavioral clauses where the athlete can be fired for doing just about anything wrong...

I just wonder if Subway and Chrysler invested so much in the ads that they didn't want to pull them. Wasn't he arrested during the season as well?

I've noticed that Tiger Woods seems to be getting a lot more face time in commercials lately, so maybe some of these companies are willing to forgive and forget.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think Suh's violations, which are all on-field, come close to what Favre and Tiger did to their rep. There wouldn't be any reason to pull the ads necessarily and make a big scene of it, just maybe more motivation to turn to another spokesman when the time comes.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I dunno... if he's trying to rehab his image, I'm not sure saving Louie Anderson is the way to do it.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

1988 would have been devastated if Louie had died.

10. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Suh's had some off-the-field issues -- he's not exactly a patient driver -- but the only one that has caused any major issues was the wreck in Portland that got him sued by one of his passengers. Just settled it for $130K. I don't think that's going to help him with Chrysler, especially since he wrecked a vintage Chevy, but I doubt Subway will care much.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Already has season pass set on DVR.

[​IMG]

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted