1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 9 College Football: Bill Snyder's Messy Diaper

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 23, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One more TD and Chip Kelly will be sitting out next week at home. [/crossthread]

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

There are professors I know who make Tweeting part of their class grades. Wonder what student-athletes in those classes would do.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's a dicey one. On the one hand, how is posting something on Twitter or Facebook (or here, for that matter) any different than something said at the student union? And is it an enfringement on free speech?

On the other hand, the number of stupid things posted on those sites is mind-numbing, especially by younger people. So I guess the truth would be to advise players to think before you post, but not to ban anything.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Chip Kelly was asked about Leach's Twitter ban today. His response was something like "How are you going to trust them on third down if you can't trust 'em on Twitter?"

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Because something said verbally can be forgotten or the exact wording can be fudged. Stuff on Twitter goes out and people RT it, screenshot it, post it to their blogs...once it's out there on Twitter or Facebook, you can't deny that it was said. SOMEBODY will have a copy of it.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a good answer. Then Kelly tweeted about how great his new Nike shoes felt.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Having seen Wazzu a couple of times, I wouldn't trust them on third down either.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wyoming's Dave Christensen sings the blues. Definitely NSFW without earphones.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha. Missed the reference entirely. Go in peace, sir. Go in peace.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Clemson's an interesting case. Hung with Florida State for a half on the road. Answered every other test so far.

If they win out --- and that would include beating South Carolina at the end --- they'd be worthy of a BCS slot.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Damnit, can I get my Thursday MAC football back? Akron-Kent State would be better than this.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don't Wake up Wake, now.

Draft saved Draft deleted