1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 4 College football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BrianGriffin, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Officer, this is normal behavior at a Phish concert...

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone needed a reminder that Bo Pelini didn't just start being an asshole a month ago or a year ago ... from 2011: "Fuck you, fans. Fuck all of you."

http://deadspin.com/bo-pelini-on-nebraska-fans-fuck-you-fans-fuck-all-o-1327398903

Causing quite the firestorm in Lincoln. Mr. I'm Always Right even had to apologize, after spending much of the day not apologizing to Tommie Frazier.

He might need to go on the watch board with Mack.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Pelini continues his verbal pissing match with Tommie Frazier, he will quickly realize that he shouldn't have.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing about the Pellini deal isn't what he said, (which was after a win), but when it was released (after a disappointing loss). You'll know Mack is on his way out in Texas when some of the same crud starts seeping out in Austin.

Kiffin at USC? Apparently bulletproof. He keeps falling upward.

5. Mizzougrad96

Kiffin has been bulletproof to this point. I still think he's going to need one hell of a finish this season to keep his job, but nothing about that guy's career has ceased to amaze me.

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Here's the thing: Nebraska still looks like a 10-2, 9-3 team to me. They'll lose at Michigan and after that there are 3 more jeopardy games: At home vs. Northwestern and Michigan State and at Penn State.

If they sweep those last three, they are 10-2 and headed for something like the Capital One Bowl or there-abouts.

I know their fans are disappointed, but UCLA is pretty good and I never expected the Huskers to win that one.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think Kiffin is toast. Haden has made considerable changes among his coaching staffs since becoming AD and Lane will be the next domino to fall.

8. Mizzougrad96

What was the context of the Pelini recording? I don't dispute that the guy is an asshole, but if we've reached the point where every coach who rants against the fans after a loss or a tough game gets that rant released, there are going to be a lot of coaches who should be worried.

I remember a coach being accosted by fans as he was getting in an elevator at the team hotel. The coach got in, looked around at about six members of the media and said, "Some of these people are fucking idiots..."

He was right, and he was being funny, but these days that would be posted online and he'd be issuing an apology.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

14 games this week (that I could find anyway) have point spread of 30 or more. No idea what the record is, but 14 sure seems like a lot.

Topping the list is Miami, which is a 60-point favorite (second largest ever) over Savannah State.
    Ohio State is favored by 50.
    Washington favored by 49
    Virginia!!!! favored by 43.
    Hell, even Vandy is a 32-point favorite.
    Ohio and Western Kentucky, too.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't think Virginia has the offense to score 43 points, but I guess if Richmond can beat Virginia Military Institute 34-0 (then lose to North Carolina State and Gardner-Webb), who knows?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Everyone knows its Jameson and Red-Eye before noon

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Considering Savannah State has already lost by 60+ twice this season, that line may be set a little low.

Draft saved Draft deleted