1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I do have that capability. Have been itching for another chance since the second SF-Arizona game, which landed on 10 after the crazy ending.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

That JU team also had Rex Morgan and Pembrook Burrows III, a 7-footer who was a twin tower with Gilmore and went on to be the tallest state police officer in Florida

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Pembrook Burrows III.
    Now that is a great name.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jacksonville is an odd case. Had a chance to make the FCS playoffs once the non-scholarship Pioneer League got an automatic bid, but then they got dinged for ... uh ... giving their players scholarship money, which is against PL rules. They never really recovered from that. The stadium was worse than most middle school stadiums. Really not surprised they dropped the sport.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And Vaughn Wedeking, a pretty darn good point guard.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And let me guess ... Rex Morgan went to med school.

Batman likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There are a lot of schools that should consider doing this.

maumann likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Presbyterian, a school with like 1,200 students, just dropped from the Big South to the Pioneer. I've spent a decent amount of time around that school, and they simply aren't big enough to support even FCS football. For awhile, they were playing THREE money games a year just to prop the athletic department. They finished above .500 once, I think, and that was with the three body bag games.

Some schools have their thing. Gonzaga and Xavier are all hoops. Stetson has a pretty decent baseball program, though it still tries to dabble in the Pioneer as well. Not everyone needs to be a football school these days.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Classic stuff here. Somebody's bitter that the SEC may not get its second team in the tournament.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

F-bomb got his ass lit up on Twitter over this. Personally, I greatly enjoyed Utah whipping the Tide's ass in the Sugar Bowl, and hope they get in - and win.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He's not wrong.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"The country" covers a lot of territory, including places like NYC, Boston and LA where interest in the playoff will be close to nil no matter who's in it. If Finebaum had said "the South" he'd have been right.

Draft saved Draft deleted