1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

All times est.
    Important numbers from vegasinsider.com

Other tasty nuggets sans Top 25 include.....

TCU @ Texas Tech (+1.5) (55)--11:00AM--ESPN2
    Stanford @ Washington State (-10.5) (63)--4:30--PAC 12
    Air Force (-10.5) (59) @ Colorado State--7:00--ESPN2
    South Carolina @ Texas A&M(-10) (50.5)--7:30--SEC
    West Virginia @ Kansas State(-14.5) (48)--4:00--ESPN
    North Carolina @ Pittsburgh (-4.5) (50.5)--8:00--ESPN (11.14)

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, if you take Ohio State at that number, you also almost certainly have to take the over, right? Rutgers scores one touchdown and it goes over with an OSU cover (59-7, for instance).

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you bet Rutgers at that 51 number, you'd be a fool not to bet the over as well.

Cosmo likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's a correlated parlay. I doubt they will let you parlay that. Let me know if you get that through.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shows what I know about sports betting.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How do they determine that? Is it just a certain difference between the two? I've been able to bet the spread and the over for some games, but not others. Betting the first half spread and the final over is a no-go, but the final spread and final over usually seems to be fine.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Online? No.
    Your local bookie would do it.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think there is a formula - if the side is too great a percentage of the total. Damn if I know what it is exactly.

I know I said on the board a few weeks back that I couldn't bet the Pats and the under when the Pats were playing a really shitty team.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Games I love:
    • Ohio State -51 @ Rutgers - Insane spread, but Ohio State is scoring at least 50 (maybe in the first half) and there's no way Rutgers scores more than 10. The better bet might be the first half spread. It'll probably be in the 30-35 range.

• Indiana +14 @ Penn State - Indiana's earlier bad performance at Ohio State scares me a little, but they seem to be a better team now than they were then. This line seems really high.

• UCLA +21 @ Utah - Similar to Indiana-Penn State, this seems way too high. UCLA has played well recently. Hell, at that spread this is a great game to take a small flyer on the money line.

• LSU -21 @ Ole Miss - I think LSU has proven it can cover almost any spread, and when I see them only giving 21 against a subpar, one-dimensional opponent I'm jumping on that like a sugar-infused 8-year-old jumping on a trampoline.

• Alabama -19 1/2 @ Mississippi State - This is in the same vein as LSU-Ole Miss. Mississippi State is much better at home than on the road, but still not very good. Alabama has too much to play for now to ease up and should crush this line.

• Florida -8 @ Missouri - Is Missouri in a death spiral? Are they saving Kelly Bryant for the lesser opponents they can beat? Either way, Florida should be at least 10 points better.

• Kentucky -8 1/2 at Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt has circled the drain. Kentucky isn't great, but I think they can cover this. Don't like this one as much as the other games, though.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, you never know if you don't ask, right?
    I'm just hoping the line doesn't get bet up too high by the time I get to it. I'd lay the points up to about 55. That would keep you safe with a 63-7 final. After that you're getting into dangerous territory.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Asking my question again from the other thread since we're talking betting again: Best online site to bet? Was looking at MyBookie.ag and they seem to get good reviews.

Draft saved Draft deleted