1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA tourney second round thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because Duke gets every fucking call imaginable.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

As does UCLA nowadays.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Please. That wasn't a foul. The refs said so.

4. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

A few bad calls or not, G-town blew a 17-point lead in the second half of that game. You can't blame all of that on foul trouble or a few offensive fouls. And I can think of numerous examples where underdogs got screwed — that Duke shot being one, Texas A&M another, Western Kentucky in the first round vs. Drake (horrendous charge call), Butler, to a lesser extent, being another.
    50/50 foul calls are a part of the game. Better get over it.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Hibbert is 7-2, isn't he? No one that tall is as invisible as he is.

Very disappointed in what I saw.

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Well you brought up the D-League. I think Hibbert's a stiff period. How does a 7-2 guy in college only average 6 rebs a game? I can't speak to the validity of the fouls in the Davidson game, but he has a tendency to get in foul trouble in big games (Ohio St. last year).

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

He didn't have any rebounds at halftime. That is ridiculous as well.

8. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Not quite. He shot 8-for-21 against Georgetown. That's 38 percent. He's a terrific shooter, but his performance Sunday has been overstated, mostly because Davidson got 10-12 more possessions than Georgetown and, hence, a lot more shots.

You guys can think Hibbert is a stiff. I don't care. If you watched that game and think the fouls on him were legitimate, then there's no point in having this conversation. We'll just go around in circles forever.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hibbert does not seem to have quick reflexes, and he does not seem to be quick moving period.

If the arena was burning down, I have a feeling the cast of The Biggest Loser would get out the door quicker than Hibbert.

He just does not seem to be a good athlete.

10. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Doesn't really seem to give a shit half the time either. Oden was like that too, but in the clutch, you'd see some emotion out of him. Hibbert just sort of mopes if things aren't going well.

Draft saved Draft deleted