1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Soooo, who you got?

I have two one seeds making the Final Four in my bracket right now. I'll lay my Final Four out after a few posts. Who else can't wait for noon on Thursday?

2. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

9-to-5er here, planning to take off Thursday and Friday. ... And hanging out on this thread. Let's get it on!

3. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Working Thursday night, but have all day off Friday.
    An entire day of drinking, grilling out and watching basketball.

And I bought the tournament plan on my iPhone - $4.99 for audio and video for every game!

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've already told my friend whom I'm visiting that I will not move from in front of the television aside from bathroom trips on Thursday.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Day shifter who is so glad he works next to the tv in the sports department.

A little bit of fanboy coming out, I will have my eyes glued to the TV thursday night for the Michigan game.

Friday I have my own basketball tournament so if anyone knows any solid Greek Orthodox players who could play for my church league team and live in Michigan let me know I could use some help.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fear the Bison.

7. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

I'm thinking that Ohio State-Louisville matchup could tip a lot of brackets.

Some first-round upsets:
    Arizona over Utah
    Wisky over Fla State
    Butler over LSU
    Temple over Ariz State
    W Ky over Ill

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Louisville played especially solid on the road against tougher competition. They won at Villanova, at Syracuse and at West Virginia. I admit I'm concerned about playing the Buckeyes, but if the young Bucks start thinking ahead, then Siena will leave them in their scarlet and gray dust.

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I'm thinking that too Freelance. Trap game.

And I'm pissed that as I look at an alleged wide-open bracket as I believe Forde called it, that my bracket at this point has 4 1s 2 2s and 2 3s in the Elite Eight. For the life of me, I can't see a long run by anyone less than that. When I've had the same basic top eight all year long, why the hell change now?

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I have Arizona State in my final 8.
    Western Kentucky over Illinois.
    Butler over LSU.

My Final Four is: Louisville, Pitt, Memphis, and Gonzaga. I'm really not sold on UNC. But that region could end up changing between now and Thursday.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I am very high on Purdue. They are completely healthy and are peaking right now. They played some terrific basketball in the B10 tourney and pose some very tough matchup problems (Moore, Hummel and Johnson are all tall, athletic and versatile). They could make life VERY tough for UConn.

Final Four: Memphis, Louisville, Pitt, UNC.
    Title: L'ville 73, Pitt 67

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The games in Portland are sold out - but I've got to ask, can you get tickets for $25 from scalpers on the curb?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.