1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA tournament 2011 — running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hopefully you're not drinking alone.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

David Aldridge reporting and Barkley talking about gambling.

This is going to be a good day.

3. KP

KP Active Member

Technical foul on KP. Only one Pepsi at his disposal. Now here's where the staggered starts hurts. Past years suck it up and deal with it for the first set of games and go at the start of the second games. Now... friggin games will be ending throughout the day.

Ahhh

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Of course I'm drinking alone. Do you know me at all?

I don't want anyone distracting from the games. Or the beer.

5. Mizzougrad96

Wow. Disturbing. Enjoy your day.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

WVU is shitting the bed...THE MADNESS!

7. imjustagirl

I'm not going anywhere. I hate bars for stuff I'm trying to watch. Can't hear anything, can't see it as well.

I'm sitting on my couch, enjoying basketball and a few beers. Not driving, not going out. I see no problem.

8. Mizzougrad96

You're not hurting anybody else. There's no problem.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

No cable TV here ... so this opening Thursday will be a little bit different. I'm hoping they will at least show plenty o' highlights from other games on CBS.

Don't care about Clemson-WVa. that much, so I'll skip most of that one and tune in for the finish.

Next is Princeton-Kentucky. Now we're talkin. I like an Ivy League upset here. At the very least, a close game.

Third game of the day is BYU-Wofford. Over/under should be on Jimmer's points, not total points. I'd place that number at 35, and take the over.

Finally, Gonzaga-St. John's. All us old, cheap bastards would have stormed the local CBS station had they not shown this one on freebee TV here. Go Zags.

Enjoy the pizza and cold beer, everyone!

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Why'd I pick WVU? I forgot Huggins was the coach.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

What do you need to hear (unless it's Gus Johnson)? I got a DD, well, more of a DD than me, so I will enjoy. My team plays at 9:30 PM ET so I am pumped. Perfect time slot.

12. imjustagirl

I don't know most of these teams. If you can't see the names, and you don't know the players, it's good to learn something.

Draft saved Draft deleted