1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA National Championship Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know where the "LSU fans smell like corndogs" thing came from, but I can't think of a better (or more specific) intercollegeiate put-down of an entire fanbase. But to me - I love the smell of corn dogs, smells like victory. Geaux Bayou Bengals.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Chatter already beginning about the Pac-12 officials on the game. Hopefully, it's a quiet night for them, on the field and in the replay booth.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Who is it? If it's Michael Mothershead, it's a disaster waiting to happen, and a 4-hour game because of interminable replays.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Chris Coyte

Noted: I know the replay communicator, not the main replay official, on the game. He previously worked a CFP title game and will vouch for him day and night. But, again, he's just the communicator.

ChrisLong likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think his crew already worked a NY6 game, so probably won;t get this one.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LSU : Ravens :: Clemson : Titans

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Walking up to Tiger Stadium for a game in the 80s
    Walked past a dorm room in the stadium
    Sitting on the balcony was a dude with a confederate flag hanging in his living room
    The stereo was belting out Leave This Long Haired Country Boy Alone by Charlie Daniels
    Glass of Jack in one hand
    Joint in the other
    Taking in the scene
    In honor of him, I say GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Chef2 and Batman like this.
  8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

16-day layoff...

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Apropos to nothing:

I went to college in the 1970s with a football player, the son of a well-known NFL coach, who became an NFL general manager. Besides being well-known as an asshole to anyone who wasn't a jock, he also was renowned for standing up and waving a Confederate flag at basketball games when (unfortunately) Dixie was played on the PA system to rile up the fan base.

I will also be rooting for LSU, if only to end the Clemson "dynasty."

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I rooted for Clemson to break up the Bama lock on college football. Now, they've become the machine.

LSU is probably just as much a machine as Clemson (and Bama) but I truly enjoy Oregeron and his apparent lack of pretense. Geaux Tigers!!

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Way to ruin a football game

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not to go all Dr. Z, but my god that's a slow rendition of the national anthem.

Draft saved Draft deleted