1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 8 Running Thread: The Brian Greasy Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 19, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

West Virginia just getting run over by Syracuse.

Looks the Big East's BCS bowl team could have three or four losses again.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Agree with all that. And they could actually come out of this better because they'll mature in their use of the two QBs (I think they'll need Jefferson's running packages more) and you would think a back will emerge this game -- probably Ford if he doesn't leave the ball on the turf -- so that they'll have a legitimate two-man combination for Alabama. Up to now, it's been Ware and ? Changes every game, it seems.

On defense, they'll probably be more of a cover 2 team, but I like their safeties too. Reid and Taylor can punish people and Loston is a talent. They might go from a mode where they are denying every pass with man coverage to one where they are punishing receivers with their physical safeties.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Mateen Cleaves on the Game Day set as guest picker.

Wonder if Albom wrote an advance column on it ...

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Man, Carolina-Clemson got out of hand quick. Was 10-10 a couple of minutes ago. Now Clemson leads 24-10.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ole Miss, Ole Miss???, is making Arkanpig look like dogshit right now on the JP/Lincoln/ESPN broadcast.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

KU is epically horrible. Play by play of the last seconds of the second quarter and first of the third:

-- KU, down 28-14 with some momentum and 0:14 in the second quarter, kicks off. KSU return to KSU 43.
    -- Collin Kline to wide open Tyler Lockett for 49-yards to KU 9.
    -- K-State field goal as time expires, 31-14

------- Third Quarter--------

-- KU Kickoff to open second half. KSU's Tyler Lockett returns for a touchdown. 38-14
    -- KSU Kickoff. KU flagged for three different penalties on the return, 1st and 10 at the 5
    -- KU Fumbles on first play, KSU recovers
    -- KSU scores two plays later, 45-14.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

...aaaand Arkansas scores 24 unanswered. However, this is exactly the type of game that Nutt seems to randomly pull out of his ass.

9. mb

mb Active Member

Ole Miss executes as clean an onside kick as you'll ever see.

And then takes a sack. SMH. And then throws a pick.

Well, that went to shit in a hurry.

10. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I wonder if Ole Miss fans will be chastised for wanting to get rid of Houston Nutt. I can't imagine they could find someone better.

11. mb

mb Active Member

Shoulda never gotten rid of Cutcliffe, IMO. But I might be the only one that thinks that.

12. mb

mb Active Member

LSU is not kidding around. At all. 42-3.

Draft saved Draft deleted