1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 7: John Elway's Cardinal Sins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 11, 2011.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Utah by 17

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Coco, while you're in Pullman you can get a copy of Leaf's new book and maybe even meet him.
    I would LOVE to be in Pullman for Homecoming, but I'll be here. Though Stanford for Homecoming? Yeah, great plan. Welcome back, alum. Now watch your team get killed.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I have heard about Leaf's book ... if he's able to get things turned around, good for him. He's still young.

Unfortunately, my desire to catch a Cougs game conflicts with my son's youth football schedule this Saturday, but maybe we'll get to Pullman for a November game (I think they play Utah then).

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Those last two games include Kentucky at home. Even Georgia can't fuck that up. But anywhere from 2-4 (NMSU is also left on the schedule) to 6-0 in the last six wouldn't particularly shock me.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Zoomies had a sweet fake FG to take the lead on SDSU.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Saw this column on ESPN and it's a great read on the Ole Miss-Alabama night game from 1969:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7099289/college-football-first-televised-primetime-game-stands-out

In summary, a game that was 14-7 at halftime turned into a shootout between Archie Manning, who finished with more than 400 yards passing and 100 yards rushing, and Alabama QB Scott Hunter, who threw for 300 yards himself.

Bama won 33-32 in a pass-happy, offensive showcase that was unheard of at the time (but common among SEC powers recently).

And, oh yeah, it was the first prime-time college football telecast.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Where's Starman? Is he taking U-M or MSU?

8. dixiehack

And with most of the fourth quarter to play, we are up to 11 combined turnovers in San Jose.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I've failed to ever find a consistent rhythm in successfully picking the outcomes of football games, but it seems to me that MSU has lots more front-line talent and depth at this particular time, than Michigan.
    I'd sure pick Michigan State if I was going on a "most reasonable to happen" approach.

10. dixiehack

Twelve turnovers and counting.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, by common opponent, U-M beat ND but needed miracle plays in the final seconds; MSU got drilled by ND despite outplaying them most of the game.

Sparty hasn't won 4 in a row in the series since 1963 - they've only done it twice ever. Can't see it happening tomorrow.

12. dixiehack

I realize this isn't tangible, but it just looks cold in East Lansing. I expect to see the Edmund Fitzgerald capsizing in the background.

Draft saved Draft deleted