1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 5: Paul Hornungs' Single Bar Facemask

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

They don't hype the Mississippi State at Georgia contest, either, and for the life of me I just don't understand it. It's an 11-ish kickoff but, damn. This could be a wonderful SEC conference matchup.
    (As the venerable deskslave likes to say, it's Georgia vs. "God-forsaken MSU")

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I could see Florida winning, especially since its at home. Alabamas defense will be tested this week on the ground. Rainey/Demps may be the best 1/2 combo at RB in the country, they are really exciting to watch. Brantley needs to play mistake free in order for them to have a shot, but I could definitely see Florida winning.

I expect Wisconsin to beat Nebraska, Nebraskas defense has fallen off a bit this year and that Wisconsin offense is way too good.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's the Music City Bowl tournament!

4. As much as I do not like how Graham handles himself on the sideline by throwing his players under the bus repeatedly, I really do believe he is going to have Pitt playing much better by years end. To me, that process started last night. But I think South Florida lost that game in the first half when they didn't take advantage of controlling the line of scrimmage early on. By the time Pitt finally got the running game going, it was over.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The biggest game in the SEC conference tomorrow is gonna not, I think, be as close as several people have prognosticated.
    Alabama should easily find its way past the Florida team since there's no chance the Tide is looking a month ahead toward Mississippi State.
    BYU and Utah State was a fun one on the slate tonight, too.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Blitz, do you drop by the ATM machine on the way to an SEC conference game?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't necessarily disagree with many of his points, but how is Paul Finebaum allowed to write a Big Ten bash piece for SI.com? Gimme a break.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/paul_finebaum/09/29/big.ten/index.html?sct=cf_bf3_a4

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"I'll be in Gainesville Saturday night . . . watching real, bought-and-paid for professional football as performed by tramp athletes . . . "

Fixed.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Every Finebaum column for SI.com has been a hatchet piece. It's either that the NCAA president should resign, Joe Paterno or Mark Richt needs to go, and now that such-and-such conference or team is a fraud. Yawn.

As for Alabama-Florida, I find the following stat interesting ... Nick Saban has never lost to a first-year head coach. The Gators have two dynamic running backs, but not enough playmakers in the passing game to beat the Tide's defense.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

But, can Alabama put up the 21 points it's going to take to win against a pretty solid, fast defense. Haven't really seen one of those yet.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great stat.

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Meanwhile, before kickoff, could somebody put the apostrophe in the correct place in this thread title. Jeeeeez.

Draft saved Draft deleted