1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 3 Running Thread: Rick Mirer's Irish Eyes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 12, 2011.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hondo: The gift that keeps on giving.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep. Rope-a-dope doesn't beat teams like LSU . . . even in Starkville.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Florida plays FSU every year, and does it in November, when a loss can really derail national championship ambitions.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think right now LSU is the favorite, right now, to win the national title. That defense is ridiculous. Long season and all, but if I had a vote they'd be my number one.

Really looking forward to the Florida State vs. Oklahoma game. Even agreed to watch a chick flick with the gf tonight so I could watch the game tomorrow night, after we spend all day in College Park at the MD/West Virginia game.

BTW, two of the Terps' top three WRs are suspended indefinitely. One of them charged with assault yesterday. The money will tilt even harder to WV, and with good reason. Terps have their work cut out now.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From your mouth to God's ears, brother.

I'm still not sold on Dooley and his tragically bad math skills.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The LSU-Alabama game could have an over/under of five.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Blah, blah, blah. Only one game REALLY counts this weekend, the annual love-fest between the Western & Central Michigan. So, let me be the first to say: F*ck the Chips.

Thanks.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

So far you're getting your wish, Layman. Broncos up 24-0 at the half.

Meanwhile, Iowa sputtering against ACC wannabe Pitt. And Penn State's losing to Temple, too.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Clemson leads Auburn 28-21 with 13:45 left in the third quarter. Eventually, getting into these shootouts every week is going to cost Auburn ... I think.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Pitt just rumbled down the field for another score, leads 24-3 late in the third quarter at Kinnick.

Ugh. Between this and Iowa St. being 3-0, could be a long season for us Hawkeye fans.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Turner Gill may have managed to put together the worst defense in college football. It's a failure for Georgia Tech if it takes more than one play a possession to score.

Draft saved Draft deleted