1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Before last year, the only NCAA games I've played were on the PS2. Last year, I bought the 360 version & adjusted to the controls fairly easily. I had no problems with the controls.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I haven't played a football game on a PS console since NCAA 2003, so I don't really remember. I do know that, at least on the 360, the gameplay is so much smoother and realistic with this version. And there doesnt seem to be many instances of impact problems (being able to sack a QB from 3 yards away without touching him).

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I find that part of the game funny. I love getting credit for a sack when I'm laying on the ground away from the QB...

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This gets me excited about it. I really like the concept here.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The recruiting is supposedly stepped up a lot this year. That's what makes this game great. Hopefully it meets our expectations. :)

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Enhanced recruiting is only for PS3/360 versions.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Enhanced in what way?

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

From what I understand, PS3/360 users will have many more options in recruiting instead of the typical five choices. And it looks like if you, as a coach, don't honor the promises made to recruits, they'll transfer and it'll harm your rep. That part may be in all games, not sure.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I won back-to-back titles with Bowling Green a couple years ago. Then I jumped ship when North Carolina offered me a job and won 3 titles in 5 years with them.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm old. These games have too many bells and whistles for me.

Just let me play the games, dammit, and forget all the shit that goes with it. You spend less time actually playing games than you do recruiting and stuff. I guess I just don't enjoy that stuff as much as others do.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I started as North Carolina one time and won five straight national titles. I was offered jobs at USC, Texas, Miami, etc., but turned them all down. I wound up retiring from UNC and started a dynasty with Southern. Won one national championship with them before retiring again. Now I'm back with UK on NCAA 06 and I'm currently 5-0 (or something like that...I haven't played in a few weeks).

Draft saved Draft deleted