1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I usually play 7-minute quarters, starting at the varsity level, although the actual gameplay from year to year doesn't seem to change much, so there's not as much of a learning curve. Every once in a while, I'll turn the setting down to JV, just so I can set ridiculous records (Sam Houston State beat Idaho 150-0...go Kats!).

However, I like running the dynasty mode without playing a majority of the games. It's fun to see a program rise and fall over the course of the years.

What's the weakest team you've ever coached to a national title?

2. i'm about to go buy my copy right now ;D. of course, then i'll have to wait eight hours until i come back home so i can play it. then again, someone might be leaving early today!

3. I've played a ton of the NCAA football games - really enjoyed a lot of them. 90 percent of the time, I would be Penn State.
    Once in a while I be Marshall, WVU or one of the shittiest teams on the game (Navy, North Texas, Arkansas State).
    In all my years of playing I never once played against Penn State. Can't.
    Won't.
    It's my own (stupid) little football video game creed.
    In the NFL games I would never ever ever e-v-e-r be anyone but the Steelers.
    Nebraska is another story. I love to play Nebraska and beat the hell out of them. I try to obliterate them every game. Same is try with FSU and UofF.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Unless I'm missing something, is there a way to do a Division I-AA season, replete with playoffs?

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I don't think so. In previous games, you could take a I-AA team & replace a I-A team in their conference. I'm not sure if you can in 08.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yeah, I know about that part...but essentially you're placing I-AA teams into I-A conferences. So long Ivy League.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Kentucky in 2005.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm seriously considering taking Illinois for a dynasty.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Bought it this morning, did my traditional UGA beat down of Tech to start, then went right into Campus Legend mode. Led my new QB to the starting position before the third game of the season. It is a really fun game to play, but does that seem fast to anyone else?

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Did you play the high school game? If so, how'd that work out?

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The high school games were actually pretty fun. If you go to the state title (and you should be ashamed if you can't get that far) you play a total of four games as a high schooler. It was weird not calling any of the plays, but you get used to it. However, at one point, with my team up by 20 with only a minute left, the coach called for 2 kneel downs followed by a .... hail mary. Oh well, I'm always up for padding stats.

Using just one player was actually kind of nice. Being able to just hand off and watch or stay on the bench during defense made it go by a lot faster so I could get to the good parts.

Knowing that you are playing for your recruitment life adds some interesting pressure to really not screw up. The detail of the game is just astronomical. There will be many hours wasted on this one.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Does the game play like PS2 football games or XBox ones? I've always been much more partial to PS versions, but the PS3 version of Madden felt like I was playing it on an XBox. I'm hoping it was just a first-version problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted