1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

With regards to achievements?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ah. Don't play on an Xbox, so I have no clue what he was talking about.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Every 360 game has certain achievements to be earned, totaling 1000 "points". (200 for Xbox Live arcade games)

I try to earn as many as possible for each game. I love the replay value it gives games.

Here's a list for the NCAA 07 ones:
    http://www.achieve360points.com/game/ncaafootball07/

There's one for simming 60 seasons & it takes forever. I'm too close to getting them all to quit. [/dork]

4. KYSportsWriter

OK. I gotcha now. The PS2 games have those too, I just didn't know what you were talking about at first.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

They're different, but not enough to bore everyone still reading with the differences. :)

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've been told the PS2 version of NCAA 2008 is not much different than NCAA 07, so that cements my decision not to buy this game. But I can't wait for Madden to come out. Maybe they'll throw in a free Mike Vick dog collar.

7. KYSportsWriter

I think I may pass on NCAA 08, at least until I get a next-gen console...and that could be a while.

8. O.T.

O.T. Guest

Didn't they come pretty close last year? ;)

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Hope to get it soon. Usually play this game for much longer than Madden. Hell, NCAA is heads and shoulders above Madden. Come to think of it, kind of looking forward to 2K sports' return to the football realm. Way more realistic (and better IMO) then Madden.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Gamefly just shipped me All Pro Football 2K8. I've heard good things.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Do tell of your experience. Going to rent it soon.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

So far, so good.

The one negative with renting games from Gamefly is no instructions.

Creating your team is pretty cool. You pick two gold players, three silvers & five bronze. You can customize your logo, unis, colors, stadium, etc.

There's a pretty decent list of players to pick from. The rest of your roster is filled with random clowns.

The gameplay seems fine, but I'm sure it will be better once I print out the instructions.

Pretty funny note. The description for the NY stadium says it was designed by "architect G.L. Costanza". ;D

It's definitely worth a rental. (As an aside, I'll probably pick up NCAA 08 next week if anyone wants to play.)

Draft saved Draft deleted