1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football '07 VG

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EmbassyRow, Jul 18, 2006.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Anyone picked this up yet?

First impressions: The new running controls are ultra-sensitive to the XBox directional pad, making a simple change in direction impossible (turns it into some juke move instead).

The already-terrible kicking meter has been made even worse.

A solid defensive backfield with any team? Forget it. The AI just doesn't seem to be very, well, intelligent.

...then again, I could simply be the worst gamer in the country. Highly possible.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I played it at Toys R Us today. It sucks, I hate it. Too hard.

3. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I've bought the annual version of this game for the past few years, but I'm not sold on this one. '06 wasn't much better than '05, and I really didn't care for the Heisman mode thing. So I might just stick with '06 and keep the $50.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I went out and bought it. The kicking got some taking used to, but it's doable.

I really like how you can cycle through the defensive players pre-snap now. Just hold in the circle button and cycle through which player you want with the directional pad.

The expanded playbooks are nice. It was kinda frustrating running Texas Tech's offense and Air Force's an there not being too many differences.

So far so good.

5. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

Each year I alternate from getting Madden and NCAA. This year I'm supposed to get NCAA, but I think I'll test it out before I buy it.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

this is my favorite day of the year. usually get a case of beer, new ncaa order a pizza nad have a great day

i'm still out of town, so i'm only going to pick up the psp version today and then get my ps2 version when i get back home

i almost considered getting rid of my psp last year when i found out they weren't doing an ncaa -- and then decided to keep it when i found out they would this year

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Embassy ... you get the XBox 360 version? Anybody have the PS2 version? I'm so tied up the next two weeks that it would be silly for me to buy this game now, but I'll probably check it out soon.

8. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

Picking mine (ps2) up this evening.

9. getting mine today, as soon as I get off. Im actually in favor of the game getting difficult. I usually lose interest when it is too easy.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is one of the most frustrating days of the year for me. Why oh why can't they release this game for PCs?

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

For the first time in a few years, I've done no prep on the game and have no idea what to expect.

I'll look at it now, maybe I'll get it. Not sure at this point...though the reviews here push me more towards non-committal status.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I've got the PS2 version. First game I've bought where you can set it for an actual 16x9 widescreen and not just a stretched 4x3. Kinda nice, especially in the passing game, because you can see more of the field. I really don't like the first-person perspective on kick returns. Very disorienting.

I stick with the classic control scheme, so it's hard for me to say anything about the new controls, but the kicking meter isn't that bad once you get used to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted