1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 4 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Who the hell is that No. 34 for UT? Dane Bradshaw's brother?

2. Thanks, Bill Walton.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What don't you understand? I said he's very good, but he's not the best player I've seen this year.

4. Norman Stansfield

Uhhhhhhhhhh, OK. Tell me who is, then. And if you say Afflalo, I'll laugh my ass off.

5. SouthPaw

SouthPaw New Member

Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki have been pretty good. And LeBron James of late.

But if he's not the best college basketball player you've seen this year, I can only assume you've been spending too much time watching ESPN Classic.

6. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

And don't say Oden, either. Oden might be a better NBA prospect than Durant, but he's had nowhere near the college season Durant has enjoyed. I can't think of another college player at his level right now.

7. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Drew Neitzel

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Collison is UCLA's best player. The best player I've seen this year is Tyler Hansbrough. I watched Durant 8 or 10 times on TV. He's really good, but doesn't make me pause to say "Goddamn, he's the best player in the country!" Would I pick him for my team? Damn straight. Maybe we'll get to see Durant against Hansbrough next week.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Funny, that's what I say when I watch Hansbrough play. To me, Durant's the best this season. And it's not even close.

10. Norman Stansfield

I only mentioned Afflalo because you said Durant "is nothing USC hasn't seen in the Pac-10 this year."

Hansbrough's good. Very good. But he still isn't in Durant's class.

11. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Hansbrough? Wow. .... Wow.
    OK, I'm left speechless. If that was your goal, you've succeeded. :-D

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thanks, Norm. Now I'm going to have the Cherry Poppin' Daddies' music running through my thoughts all afternoon. :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted