1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 3 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 17, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Kelvin Samson, 40 minutes of hell for the fans.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Heels survive second-half scare by Spartans

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Did Brandan Wright transfer from UNC prior to the NCAAs? Because I haven't seen him at all the first two rounds.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's not totally his fault. Guys can get lost in 26-man rotations. I swear this team isn't as good as it should be because he plays too many people.

5. Interrupted my Saturday of NCAA hoops with the TN Class AAA championship.
    Champions (Maryville) blew leads of 17 in regulation and a 5-pt lead with 4 seconds to play in OT and won on a buzzer beater in 2OT.

Championship runner-up won a 3OT game to get to tonight in the semifinals...

Not a bad day for exciting hoops.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nicely done. And as bad as he choked on those two free throws at the end of regulation, give Fields credit for making a very tough lead to put Pitt up four in overtime.

Of course the Panthers nearly gacked away a seven-point advantage in overtime after blowing the 19-point second-half lead.

Call it a choke job all you like. They're still alive. And for once, they made it about as far as they should. I doubt this team beats UCLA though.

7. Norman Stansfield

I tend to agree with you. Even so, the guy's supposed to be a top-3 pick in the draft. Time to show something, young fella.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Indiana-UCLA and Kentucky-Kansas sounds like a great Final Four, not two second-round matchups.

Sign of the times, I guess.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sparty goes to pieces down the stretch. There's a stunner. :D :D

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So many near upsets, so many high seeds still advanced today. Great games, though.

11. Norman Stansfield

Still played well for what they had. Neitzel's a stud.

12. I thought MSU played its balls off tonight. They were trying so hard.

Anyone who busts ass to knock out UNC/Duke gets my love.

Draft saved Draft deleted