1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 1 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ugh. I shouldn't have axked.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, will the NCAA tourney committee please tell us again how Stanford belonged?

And I just love me some tourney action on my HDTV and surround system. I can live with Gus Johnson because there's no Dukie V to be found...

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Being in a SoCon town, I guess I have a soft spot for Davidson. Winthrop, though? Man, fuck those guys.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And I love that I had to call our dumbass CBS affiliate and get them to patch the HD feed instead of the stretched SD feed. At least they did it instead of arguing with me.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'll always be glad that Davidson begot us Lefty. I'd just like them to also roll over like a good little small school and give us another NCAA tourney win today. Save the drama for another game.

6. I figured I\\\'d take Stanford in the first round. With all the shit they\\\'ve received about not deserving a bid, I thought they\\\'d stick it to Louisville. What the fuck was I thinking?

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

For TWELVE-PLUS hours of basketball. I'll take the WAAAAAAY THE FUCK OVER on that one.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Agree on both counts.

Someone look me in the eye and tell me that Syracuse or Air Force wouldn't at least be in a came right now.

Fucking Stanford. Fucking selection committee. Fucking spell check.

I think I need another beverage.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am making a sammich... want one while I'm up/

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yes please. I got you next. :D

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Anybody got the scoop on that Curry kid? Where's he from?

God, he looks 14. But he can throw up the long ball.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Dell Curry\'s son and he\'s from Charlotte. He could have followed his father to Virginia Tech, but Seth Greenberg wanted to make him a non-scholarship practice player for one year. Curry didn\'t go for that and headed for Davidson, which is near Charlotte.

Draft saved Draft deleted