1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA alleges "major violations" at Memphis under Calipari

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, May 27, 2009.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

No major college coach worth his salt is going to be tied to "major" violations. Some low-level assistant will have to take the fall and the school will plead to try to get a reduced sentence and Cali will be merrily cheating away with alums who can really appreciate a skilled cheater.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's been said, but I'll say it again: I love Calkins.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/may/27/geoff-calkins-allegations-come-calipari-territory/

Great lede.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

There can't be anything more silly than vacating wins and Final Fours.

Who gives a fuck about that.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bear alleges "major shit" in woods.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Maybe Calipari is trying to become the first coach to lead three schools to the Final Four and have all three appearances "vacated."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I wonder what the women's golf coach did.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

In other news, the sun rose in the east today.

Calipari is a cheat.....he has cheats on his staff.....move on.

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

That was awesome.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you're Memphis can you get Calipari's Final Four bonuses back? If you're Kentucky do you do nothing?
    I mean at some point shouldn't some schools, programs and coaches get their very own on-campus NCAA "observer."

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Calipari has quite a knack for flying the coop right before the shit comes down. He got out of UMass just in time and now times his Memphis escape to Kentucky just as perfectly. No shit ever sticks to him and he always ends up even richer and more in demand.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The real question is, what is going to happen to the player who allegedly had someone else take his SATs. They allude to the fact that it was Derrick Rose.

My favorite part of that was, "Calipari is not personally implicated in any of the allegations. Of course he's not. He wasn't implicated in the UMass fiasco, either. He just happened to be in charge when the bad stuff happened at UMass. He just happened to be in charge when the bad stuff may have happened at Memphis. The man is to NCAA investigations as Joey Dorsey was to bar fights. He's just unlucky, darn it!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Also, my god, the Lexington Herald Leader's story is being overrun by crazies. I'm just sitting back and laughing. Kentucky fans are some of the most pathetic individuals to walk the planet. And anyone in the comments who dares say something negative about the situation gets called a Memphis fan and villified by the UK psychos. Now they've disabled commenting on the story, which I'm not shocked about because they would have had to remove half the comments because they were offensive.

Kentucky has coming to them what they get for hiring Calipari. The guy is bad news and the players he recruits are bad news. Just today, John Wall pled guilty to a misdemeanor of breaking and entering or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted