1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NC: OSU -7.5 over Florida. Your pick?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Who are you taking any why?

Over/under for those care is 46 ...

Factors i think could swing it ..

-What was Meyer's bowl history at his last stop? I seem to recall an ass-whipping of a big school at some point.
    - Teams that have been off for as long as the Buckeyes have ... how do they perform? Gators have played twice since OSU last played, i believe ...
    - Gators secondary performance against top QBs this season?

All along I've been thinking OSU would cover ... but Urban Meyer fever has me thinking otherwise.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Urban Meyer = Urban Myth

OSU 35-17

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, Meyer's Utah Utes defeated Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago. Though, I think you'd be hardpressed to qualify that Pittsburgh team as a "big team."

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As for my pick:

Florida 31, Ohio State 24

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ohio State in a close one.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Given my deep-rooted dislike of Ohio State, I'm picking Florida. Fuck those pretentious brats in Columbus.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Buckeyes all the way. Though my bartender told me he was taking Florida because the SEC is 7-0 against the Big 10 in title games all time. He's convinced history is on his side. It's a good thing his rent and child support is paid up for the month.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wonder who dye's got his money on......

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

..... Michigan or the Bears?

10. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

OSU 31-21

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah, your bartender will be fine. Gators win a close one.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

My money is on the SEC fanboys to play both sides of the fence if/when OSU delivers a solid smackdown.

I'd pick OSU to cover the spread, probably easily. My concern is the long layoff between games and the Heisman "curse."

I'll go with OSU 35, Florida 9. The Gators should be able to eke out a late TD and miss the 2-point conversion.

Draft saved Draft deleted