1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's The Cape

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 9, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Anyone watching this? I'm not sure what to make of it yet ...

2. Me neither. I'm a little disappointed right now, but superhero stories are always a bit tired at the beginning ... it could certainly get better.

But it being an NBC show, I'm not betting on it. I keep wanting to compare it to Heroes, which had a better beginning but tailed off into incredible crappiness.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I watched 25 minutes and dubbed it The Crap.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Didn't watch, but they put capes on statues all over the place near where I live to promote it. It was odd.

5. KYSportsWriter

Thirty-five minutes in, and our "hero" is wrestling a midget.

WTF.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/8159/the-cape-debuts-to-not-so-stellar-reviews.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/06/AR2011010606806.html

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for it to come on out here in the Rockies. I'm betting it's going to be gone after four episodes but I will always give a comic book/superhero shows a try.

8. KYSportsWriter

Done. This is awful. I want my hour back, dammit.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I gave it the full episode, but I wasn't impressed. At least they could have put Summer Glau in something more revealing.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I didn't watch it because I had a feeling it would suck. My roommate watched it at his girlfriend's house last night and told me today that it sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted