1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's "Awake"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 9, 2012.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Watched the pilot, then let the episodes stack up as my wife continued watching without me.

Finally decided I had to get busy watching or get busy deleting.

As of right now, I'm 4 episodes in. Thought that "Kate is Enough" was a cracking good hour of TV.

I'm buying Jason Issac's performance, though I still think he screened a couple of seasons of Rob Morrow in Numbers to come up with his (very credible) American accent. And I still keep waiting for Dobby to show up.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Unlike many teenagers in televised dramas (The Sopranos kids and the son on Breaking Bad come to mind), the son on this show is outstanding.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying this show. Certainly well acted all around and the stories keep me hooked.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

I've watched the first two episodes. The others are on my DVR. I don't know if I'm going to watch. I'm just tired of cops and lawyers and doctors.

The kid who plays the son played a son on LOST and the bully in the "Let Me In" remake. He's good.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A-ha. I knew I'd seen him somewhere before ...

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Anybody notice that the most recent episode was shrink-free? We didn't get their take(s) on the overlapping "Palace" clue. And in one reality, Britton and his wife really do seem about to move to Portland. Maybe in that reality, he'll be hanging out with Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for some follow up to the revelation that both his son AND wife are dead. What was that ... the second episode?

8. Steak Snabler

I did notice that. The son wasn't in the episode, either.

Strong episode for Laura Allen, who I'm starting to have a major thing for.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Really enjoying this show. Not huge on the conspiracy theory, but it is very well-acted. With the ratings, though, I'm afraid it's going to be like Allen's last show - Terriers - brilliant but cancelled.
    BTW, she was great in Terriers and she's very good in this, too.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

And it's canceled. Seriously, can't the networks hold onto a show for more than 13 episodes to try to develop a following? Ugh.

11. Steak Snabler

Maybe it will become like Southland, and some cable network like TNT or FX will pick it up. It's certainly better than a lot of the dramas on basic cable.

12. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Terribly sorry to see this one go. Great show. I was a big fan of Laura Allen and Terriers as well. I figure the next show she's in I'll avoid. I'm sure it'll be great and get canceled after one season.

Draft saved Draft deleted