1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC to send Conan packing? WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 19, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Please, Clinton's blow job gave The Daily Show plenty of material.

Besides, wasn't Craig Kilborn hosting TDS still in 1999?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Both Clinton and Bush have been gold mines for all late night comics -- for completely different reasons.

But TDS as it is presently constructed isn't reliant on any particular agenda or party in power. That was the only point I was making.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This is a load of crap - it's all a ploy to bring Rosie O Donnell in.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yawn, put your pants back on ... it's not about politics ...

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

As someone who was a sophomore in college when Conan's show first aired, that's depressing. :-\

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

When Clinton left office, there was speculation that Limbaugh and all the conservative shows would be in trouble because their guy was in the White House and they could no longer lob their darts at those in power.

Turned out to be an incorrect theory.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But I think that conservative talk has taken a dip with the President's decline in approval.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Doesn't matter. They can still do "Al Gore invented the Internet" jokes, rant about the evil that is Hillary, make fun of global warming theories, bitch about Michael Moore....

The material doesn't go away, it just changes.

9. DanOregon

Conservatives will always have immigration to bitch about and liberals can always complain about the rising deficit. When those are the chief arguments of the left or the right you know they are in trouble.

10. Smasher_Sloan

But those aren't the hot topics. The hot topics are always personality driven. The right hates Hillary, just like the left hates Cheney. There are always polarizing personalities, no matter who's in charge.

11. DanOregon

I've never believed the right or the left have a monopoly on wisdom or duplicity.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that NBC would put Conan in Jay's spot and lure Craig Ferguson away from CBS to do the late show on NBC because they did not feel confident giving Carson Daly that slot. I am not sure though if that will take place, only because Letterman may not sign a new contract after this current one expires, meaning Craig would get Dave's position.
    Then it owuld mean once again Craig versus Conan an hour earlier.

Draft saved Draft deleted