1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Sunday Night Football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Still a Bulls fan, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Just checked out the NFL schedule on NBC Sports' website and saw that there were NO Sunday games scheduled for the second half of the season. WTF? Am I missing something here? What was the whole point in bringing in Madden and Michaels if you're own going to show games half of the season?

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

They get to choose good matchups -- 12 days in advance or something like that -- later in the season

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The NFL Network also gets games in the second half of the season

4. Oh ok, that makes since. That will save us from watching another Oakland-Denver game that will be meaningless down the line, as Oakland will most likely be 1-10 or something.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh goody.. Rich Eisen and Adam Schefter... where can I sign up...

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can't. Only about 10 people in the US get NFL Network.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm among the 10. They're getting better, but it's still a pretty disappointing product.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

With Michaels and Madden doing the Sunday night game, doesn't it feel like "Monday Night Football," as we've known it, never left? And without all the stupid gimmicks ABC fell into....so far.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Except the vid clips of the players introducing themselves. Dumb gimmick. Why re-use it?

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The game broadcast seems mostly unchanged. However, I really enjoy the highlights show with Bob Costas, Sharpe, Collinsworth and Bettis.

Hell, I'll take anything to avoid Sports Center's "NFL Blitz."

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did you see Santana Moss. He just said: "Santana Moss ... The U"
    Of course if my school played as bad as they have the last two years, I'd be a little vague about where I matriculated.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The Redskins really blow. I don't know who's more sad and pathetic hanging on, Brunell or Gibbs.

Draft saved Draft deleted