1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC political director: B. Clinton 'unprepared for 21st century media'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Thanks, Doc.
    Did you see Ryan Lizza on Hardball last night?
    He ventured the notion that there might be some guilt-by-association going on in the Obama-Wright story and that journalists ought not to engage in that. Matthews and Jill Zuckman looked at him like he had two heads.
    I thought about you and zeke.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Yeah, you kind of missed the point there.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry, Fens. I can't abide that pompous windbag Matthews any longer. The only political shows I'll watch now are Countdown, TDS, Colbert and Real Time.

4. Did you miss the part where our current Liar in Chief was re-elected a few years ago? It was at least partially because the media wouldn't do its damned job and call him on his bullshit.
    We have talked ad naseum about the lies leading up to Iraq. How about holding the wiretaps story until after the election? Or treating the Swiftboat liars as if they were legitimate sources who had stories to tell instead of guys with axes to grind who were bankrolled by the GOP?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I really disagree with this guy's analysis. I don't think it has anything to do with the Internet. I think that people in 2008 just don't find Bill Clinton as charming as they did in 1992. The charm wore off. Prominent people inspire different responses from people. There some politicians who can go from not being appreciated to growing on people with time. Clinton was charming as all hell and people loved him. Until they started to get sick of him. And I think that is the reason he could get away with things 10 or 14 years ago that he can't get away with today. People feel differently about HIM, not the way they are being exposed to him.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, some people feel differently about him. The vibe I get from my Hillary-supporting Hoosier homies is that they want Bill to have a third term.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

People are pretty regularly asked to back up their statements on political threads. Sometimes they're asked for a link, sometimes to "show your work."

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's a true story.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

As an aside, who the hell asked you. You showed me that he can, thank you. You can keep your asides.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Understood. But as I've previously mentioned, Allen had a wonderful career fully exploiting the winking, nudging, easy racism of Richmond and other similarly-spirited
    sections of Virginia until he had a moment when he was . . . even more stupid than usual.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Some of us here have terribly-convenient memory lapses that somehow allow them to get through the day.

But we thank you.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Clinton was president in the 24 hour news cycle.
    He knows the score.
    http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/04/28/quot-you-get-a-very-bad-grade-in-history-quot.aspx

Draft saved Draft deleted